4 Million Reasons to Celebrate
�Every minute, of every hour, of every day nurses provide thoughtful, kind-hearted care—helping patients when they are at their most vulnerable, often under difficult, highly stressful circumstances.
For one week every year, beginning May 6 and ending May 12 on Florence Nightingale’s birthday, the selfless sacrifices of the country’s four million nurses are celebrated and their incredible contributions and positive impact on the healthcare system are recognized.
Let’s take a moment to reflect on the situations they face every day—bravely, stoically and compassionately:
- Caring for a brand-new mother during her 12 hours of labor, placing the beautiful baby on her chest―and then suddenly being part of the moment where their eyes meet for the first time.
- Responding to the trauma code in the emergency department, working on the car accident victim and unfortunately losing him. Then five minutes later, going to comfort the spouse and children while telling them their loved one died.
- Holding an elderly woman’s hand as she cries herself to sleep in her hospital bed because she’s confused and doesn’t know where she is.
- Bringing a patient pain meds and comforting them after their physician just told them they have stage 4 breast cancer
- Finding a patient who has stopped breathing, is non-respondent to any stimuli on the bathroom floor and starting CPR while calling the code team.
- Giving a 32-year-old multiple sclerosis patient food via a feeding tube while being asked: “Why has this happened to me?”
- Stopping at the store to pick up a Batman cape for the 7-year-old pediatric patient who told the nurse the night before that he wants to dress up like Batman for his leukemia treatment the next day.
- Picking up the fourth 12-hour shift of the week―because you know that if a unit is short-staffed it’s virtually impossible to do the things mentioned above.
It’s for these reasons—and so many more—that we say a heartfelt thank you to everyone who is part of this noble profession. TeleTracking is honored to support you, help you have more time at the bedside and provide you with the tools that help you ensure that no patient will ever have to wait for the care they need.
The Starbucks gift card submissions are now closed.